Senior Infrastructure Engineer (VMware / Linux / Windows / UCS) - £70,000 -75,000 + Bonus + Bens - LONDON
Our Partner, a Company listed on the New York Stock Exchange operating within the FinTech Industry requires a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to Proactively and vigilantly monitor the systems environment.
This will include Storage, Windows, Linux and VMWare technologies & will be a mixed role comprising of project work and BAU.
The absolute minimum Technical requirement is as follows:
- Good knowledge of Linux, RedHat Enterprise 7 & 6.5
- Cloud experience with AWS, preferable
- Satellite and Ansible
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python)
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS hardware
- Expert VMWare (5.5 and above) knowledge/hands on experience including vCOPS, command line usage, backup and restore technologies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft operating Systems
- Good usage and management of monitoring solutions (e.g.…SolarWinds, Nagios)
- Strong knowledge of storage (Pure SAN) systems including storage management, monitoring and reporting capabilities.
- Good working understanding of OS networking – firewalling, Routing tables, gateways, tcp / udp,
- Good Microsoft Active Directory knowledge
- Experience in a multi-site environment with a user base of 300+ • Application Servers – File / Print / Mail / DNS / NTP / DHCP
- Carry out projects on the IT systems from end-to-end. This includes defining the need, completing the analysis, assisting and defining an agreed design, implementing the agreed design to time & budget and providing good quality documentation for ongoing maintenance and support.
- Provide support and management of the Pure Storage SAN
- Manage VMWare infrastructure
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of systems (OS, Storage, VMWare) to include regular upgrades and patching cycles
- Provide systems administration functions, including creating customer profiles and accounts, monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage and disk usage.
- RHEL 7, Satellite and automation, preferably with Ansible.
- Undertake capacity planning for the storage environment to ensure there is sufficient capacity for future growth
Apply with your CV and a member of the talent acquisition team at ZenTech Talent will be in touch to discuss your search in greater detail.