Our Partner, a leading Communications company based in London are seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to join their team. This role is client-facing and the successful Oracle DBA is expected to be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic Enterprise environment.
- At least 5 years' experience with administering Oracle Databases on RAC and Data Guard
- Familiarity with the UNIX operating system. Specifically, Sun Solaris or Linux.
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Client relationship management
- Project planning at both the technical and executive levels
- Contribute to Database design and implementation
- Install, configure, and upgrade database server software and related products
- Perform Database and Performance Tuning and Capacity reviews
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Plan, Schedule, and Execute Changes in UAT, PROD in Close Coordination with Clients
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Work as part of a team to provide 24x7 support for clients.
Preferred Qualifications in addition to those required:
- Oracle certifications: Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Oracle Certified Master (OCM)
- Basic Understanding of other databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL, Sybase, Progress, Postgres, MySQL and/or Ingress
To find out more, apply with your CV and a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in contact to discuss your application and job search.