Senior Site Reliability Engineer + Home Working + Excellent Benefits + Career Development
Our Partner, Britain’s leading Open Source Cloud Consultancy are seeking a talented Senior Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer to join their team.
This is an opportunity to join some of the UK’s leading Senior Site Reliability Engineers / DevOps / Cloud / professionals and showcase your skills by working with a client list that consists of some of the UKs most respected household brand names across all industry sectors including Media, Sport, Gaming and Retail Fashion.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer you will be involved with customer projects through the full development lifecycle from initial presales discussions through planning the development, implementation and roll out of their solution.
Responsibilities: Senior Site Reliability Engineer | DevOps Engineer
- Working with customers to translate business requirements into technical implementations and then following this through to delivery of the solution
- Performing load testing and bottleneck analysis on customer environments based on customer’s expectations on loads expected for the system
- Designing and building templates and patterns to be used by customers and the rest of the team to enhance the efficiency of the team for future projects where these templates and patterns can be utilised
- Promoting Cloud computing and helping customers to understand the benefits that cloud computing brings and how specifically working with us can enhance their current infrastructure.
- Providing escalation assistance to the support team where required with complex technical issues that they are not able to solve;
- Helping to mentor other members of the team and raise the general skill level within the business as part of the ongoing plans to grow the team this will be a key aspect of the role;
- Diagnosing system failures and working under pressure to resolve the issues in the quickest possible time to minimize any impact to customers.
- Experience of working with automation or configuration management (Terraform/Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt)
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of GNU/Linux and associated technologies
- Strong knowledge of the workings of TCP/IP
- Skilled in at least one scripting language ideally Ruby or Python
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proven track record of working with Linux systems
- Able to work autonomously, identifying and prioritising tasks; experienced enough to know when to seek input from others
To find out more about the Senior Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer role apply with your CV and or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition Team at ZenTech Talent on 0207 100 4936.